The Vailankanni Church tour package by Kiomoi is a 4 days and 3 nights tour package, which covers the destinations of Vailankanni and Pondicherry, situated in South India.
The starting point of the tour package is Chennai, which is the capital of Tamil Nadu. The city is a major tourist destination, and is most renowned for Marina Beach, Kapaleeshwarar Temple, Arignar Anna Zoological Park, to name just a few.
The town of Vailankanni in Tamil Nadu is one of the most popular tourist attractions of the state, situated 350 kilometers from the state?s capital, Chennai. The town is most famous for its churches and beaches, some of the most famous being Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health, Velankanni Beach, Morning Star Church.
Pondicherry, another famous tourist destination, is a union territory, bordered with Tamil Nadu. The tranquil city is well renowned for Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Rock Beach and Old Light House, among others.
The best time to visit South India is from the months of October to March, and this luxury tour package is best when availed during these months.
Day 01 - Chennai -Pondichery (170Kms/04 Hrs)
Meeting and Assistance at Chennai airport. Proceed for Chennai Sightseeing and later drive to Pondichery and enroute visiting mahabalipuram and by evning arrival at Pondhichey transfer to hotel for Night stay
Day 02 - Pondicherry - Vailankanni (206 KM / 5 hrs)
After Breakfast sightseeing in Pondicherry which will include the coastline and churches. Pondicherry is home to several famous Churches. Many churches were built by the French, and its structure and architecture gives a definite French feel.Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Church of Capuchins, Notre dame de, The Notre Dame des Agnes, Church of the Assumption, Church of Capuchins holds the distinction of being one of the first churches in Pondycherry. The Notre dame de reminds one of the typical French churches. The statue is of Our Lady with the infant Jesus in her arms. The Notre Dame Des Agnes is church built on the Greek-Roman architectural design. The place is a visual treat as it has the much acclaimed oil painting of Our Lady of the Assumption. Evening visit the famous beach front - The Promenade. Proceed for Velankanni by evening. Night stay at Velankanni.
Day 03 - Vailankanni
After breakfast start the full day tour of Vailankanni. Start the tour with most church in the region Vailankanni church also known as Our lady of Good Health, popularly called "Our Lady of Vailankanni" located on the shores of the Bay of Bengal. Vailankanni is fondly known as the 'Lourdes of the East' because like Lourdes in France, millions of pilgrims Shrinevisit the Shrine throughout the year, praying to Our Lady for various needs and thanking her for the favors received through her intercession. Our Lady of Vailankanni devotions down through the centuries have proved the Shrine to be of divine origin and has assumed international character. Mary, the focus of unity at Vailankanni, is a clear proof of international, multicultural, and religious harmony. Other Attractions in the place include-The Shrine Basilica, comprising of three Churches:-Our Lady's Tank, Church Museum, Priests' Residence, Offering Center, Stations of the Cross, Stations of the Rosary, Shrine Mega Mahal, Vailankanni Beach. Night stay at Velankanni.
Day 04 - Vailankanni - Chennai- Departure (345 KM / 7 hrs)
Check-out from the hotel after early breakfast and leave for the Nagapattinam, the district of Velankanni ( 12 KM north). Nagapattinam offers lot of attractions. Tharangambadi (or Tranquebar) is a town in Nagapattinam district and was a Danish colony in India from 1620-1845. Tarangambadi, meaning "place of the singing waves" is one of the finest beaches on the East coast. Karaikal - The Karaikal sandy beach is one of the best natural beaches in the South Tamil Nadu. Boating Club, Arasalar is located on the backwaters of the Arasalar, Stretching over a distance of 1.75 Kms. from the town. Late afternoon leave for Chennai. Pondicherry - On the way to Chennai stopover to visit few other famous churches on the periphery of Pondicherry - The Church of Assumption is located at Nellitoppu.This church is famous for its fine altar pieces which is an exquisite sight. The Church of Our Lady of Good Health is located at Ariyankkuppam and is a rebuilt version of the church built in 1690.A lot of wooden paintings can be found here. Arrive Chennai and transfer to Airport/ Railway station
|City||No. of Nights||Standard||Deluxe||Superior|
|Pondichery||1 Night||South Avenue / Similar||Royal Park / Similar||Sunway Manor / Similar|
|Velankanni||3 Night||Sea Gate / Similar||Picnic Hotel / Similar||Comfort Inn Mgm Resort / Similar|
- Accomodation In well appointed Room
- Daily breakfast in the Hotels
- All intercity transfers / airport pick and drops / sight seeing tour by AC Car
- Good driver with local knowledge.
- Transport charges inclusive of Fuel charges, Driver Allowance, Night Halt, Road taxes, State Permits and Parking.
- Assistance at all the places if required.
- [email protected]%
- Local Guides for Sight-seeing.
- Lunch and dinner will not be provided.
- Entrance fee or Charges to the Monuments, Cultural Events, Elephant safari, Trekking, Boating, Jeep safari and any activities suggested in the itinerary.
- Any kind of airfare /train fare.
- Any Still / Video Camera fees applicable at the monuments or activities is chargeable direct.
- Any alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, mineral water, use of mini bar in room and room service.
- Personal expenses such as Laundry, Communication Charges (Phone/Internet).
- En route meals, sightseeing and activities other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, Guides etc. and any other expenses/service not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Prices not valid from 15th Dec - 15th Jan.
- Per person rates applicable on 2 people staying together sharing the same room.
- In packages with meal plans, the plan starts with lunch on day 1 and ends with breakfast on last day.
- Additional cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities like landslides, road blockage, etc will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- The packages cannot be combined with any other offer.
- All payments are subject to cancellation policy.
- Kiomoi reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- If you have your own vehicle, transport charges will be deducted from the tour cost.
- If you have your group of family members or friends, tour can be conducted as per your convenience & cost.