Vijayanagara Empire Tour Travel Package
Vijayanagara Empire Tour Tour Plan and Itinerary Details
Day 1 - Bangalore - Hassan via Belur & Halebidu by road (240kms/5hrs)
Pick up from Bangalore airport/railway station and proceed to Hassan via the town of Belur - Belur is famous for its ancient exquisite temples. The Chennakeshava Temple being the finest example of the Hoyasala architecture it took 103 years to complete. The Veeranarayan Temple and the smaller shrines are well worth a visit and Halebidu - Halebid the temples of Halebid like those of Belur, bear mute testimony to the rich, cultural heritage of Karnataka. The Hoysaleswara Temple, dating back to the 12th century, is astounding for its wealth of sculpture details. The walls of the temple are covered with an endless variety of gods and goddess, animals, birds and dancing girls. This magnificent temple-guarded by a Nandi Bull-was never completed, despite 86 years of labour. Check-in at the hotel and evening visit Shravanabelagola (if time permits)- This is a holy place for Jains in Hassan district, is home to Asia's largest monolithic statue. Lord Gomateshwara here towers 58ft. Their Guru is residing here in a Mutt. There is a Sanskrit Patashala to study Sanskrit and Shastras. Come back to the hotel. Dinner and Overnight stay.
Day 2 - Hassan – Hospet by road (320 kms)
After morning breakfast travel north to Hospet - This city in Bellary District in northern Karnataka, India. It is on the Tungabhadra River, 12 km from the World Heritage site consisting of the ruins of the medieval city of Vijayanagara, former capital of the Vijayanagara Empire. Arrival at Hospet. Dinner and Overnight stay.
Day 3 - Hospet - Hampi - Hospet (12kms)
After breakfast A full day tour of the Hampi ruins. Hampi holds many a delightful surprises. The most famous is the Kings Balance where kings were weighed against gold or money and which was then distributed to the poor.Also worth a visit are the Queen's Bath with its arched corridors, projecting balconies and lotus shaped fountains, the two storied Lotus Mahal, the huge Elephant stables, the splendid Vitthala Temple with its musical pillars and the Stone Chariot, ,Virupaksha Temple,also known as Pampapati Temple, Ugra Narashima, the 6.7 meters tall monolith, the Pushkarini Tank, the Mahanavami Dibba, etc. Temples of this city are noted for their dimensions, florid ornamation, bold and delicate carvings, stately pillars, magnificient pavilions and a great wealth of iconographic and traditional depictions which include subjects from Ramayana and Mahabharata. The Pampapati temple is one of the largest temples at Hampi.The Vitthala Temple is an excellent example of Vijayanagara style.Also present are some monolithic statues of Lakshmi, Narashima and Ganash which are noted for their massiveness and grace. Return back to Hospet. Dinner and Overnight stay.
Day 4 - Hospet – Aihole – Pattadakal - Badami by road (180km)
Morning leave for Badami enroute we will visit Aihole - Aihole has over 125 temples, all intricately carved and rich in detail. The oldest temple is perhaps the 5th century Lad Khan Temple; The Durga (Fort) Temple has a semi-circular apse and a complete portico. The Hutchmalli Temple, the Ravalphadi Cave Temple, the Konti Temple Complex, the Uma Maheshwari, the Jain Meguthi Temple and the two storied Buddhist Temple are the other attractions and Pattadakal - Pattadakal is a World Heritage centre and has 10 major temples representing the early Chaulakya architecture the biggest temple dedicated to Virupaksheshvara,has a huge gateway and several inscriptions. In front of the temple is a majestic 2.6 m high Nandi. Evening visit the Badami caves- Badami was once the capital of Chaulakyas.It has four rock cut cave temples, the largest being the third cave dedicated to Vishnu. Overlooking the temples is a reservoir, its banks dotted with temples dedicated to Vishnu and Shiva. The Bhutanatha Temples and the Museum set up by the Archeological Survey of India are the other attractions. Arrival at hotel. Dinner and Overnight stay at Badami.
Day 5 - Badami – Bangalore by road (440kms/8hrs)
Morning proceed to Bangalore.
Vijayanagara Empire Tour 5 Days Accommodation
|City||No. of Nights||Standard||Deluxe||Superior|
|Hassan||1 Night||Suvarna Regency Hotel / similar hotel||Southern Star Hassan Hotel / similar hotel||Hassan Ashok Hotel / similar hotel|
|Hospet||2 Night||Shanbhag Towers Hotel / similar hotel||Karthik Hotel / similar hotel||Krishna Palace / similar hotel|
|Badami||1 Night||Mayura Chalukya Hotel / similar hotel||Mayura Chalukya Hotel / similar hotel||Badami Court / similar hotel|
- Accomodation in well appointed double room
- Daily Fixed menu / Buffet breakfast in Hassan, Hospet, Badami.
- All intercity transfers / airport pick and drops / sight seeing tour plan in exclusive NAC Indica with driver with local knowledge.
- Transport charges inclusive of Fuel charges, Driver Allowance, Night Halt, Road taxes, State Permits and Parking.
- Assistance at all the places if required.
- GST TAX @5%
- Lunch and Dinner will not be included.
- Entrance fee or Charges to the Monuments, Cultural Events, Elephant safari, Trekking, Boating, Jeep safari and any activities suggested in the itinerary.
- Any kind of airfare /train fare.
- Any Still / Video Camera fees applicable at the monuments or activities is chargeable direct.
- Any alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, mineral water, use of mini bar in room and room service.
- Personal expenses such as Laundry, Communication Charges (Phone/Internet).
- En route meals, sightseeing and activities other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, Guides etc. and any other expenses/service not mentioned in the inclusions.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices not valid from 15th Dec - 15th Jan.
- Price inclusive of all taxes (service tax & luxury tax).
- Per person rates applicable on 2 people staying together sharing the same room.
- In packages with meal plans, the plan starts with lunch on day 1 and ends with breakfast on last day.
- Additional cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities like landslides, road blockage, etc will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- The packages cannot be combined with any other offer.
- All payments are subject to cancellation policy.
- Kiomoi reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- If you have your own vehicle, transport charges will be deducted from the tour cost.
- If you have your group of family members or friends, tour can be conducted as per your convenience & cost.
Why Travel With Kiomoi ?
Best Price Guaranteed We source services directly from the local suppliers. This enables us to keep our rates best in the market.
Dedicated Tour Planner As soon as we receive your request, a dedicated tour planner is assigned who helps you from the planning to the completion of your trip and makes it a memorable one.
Customization A virtuoso prepares your itinerary who has personally traveled there and have thorough knowledge about the destinations.
Assistance 24X7 If you are on your trip, there is something bothering you. You can reach out to us at any hour of the day or night
Customers Delight Our customers are our top-most priority. You would love to read their experiences with Kiomoi they have shared publicly.
Give Your Review on this Package
Total Reviews 27
Overall Review 27